Sunday 27 September 2009

crazy

A busy week so I have neglected garden and blog. Went for a quiet amble round between rain showers this morning, closely monitored by the spugs














and something lurking in the undergrowth.















She thinks I can't see her. In her mad little cat brain she's an ambush predator stalking deer in the forest.














I cross the lawn and she leaps out, ears flat, back arched, tail in an s-bend and swipes at my ankles before galloping up to the compost bin, where she sits, innocently, with a, "Who me?", expression on her face.














If I point out that I knew she was there all the time and her behaviour is really undignified for a sixteen year old senior citizen, she looks affronted and pretends she has no idea what I'm talking about.















The garden is as mad as the cat. The roses are in bloom and getting scalded by the rain and the weigela has decided that late September is the perfect time to put out flowers.
Mad they may be, but still lovely to see so late in the year.

7 comments:

  1. You are right Yan, it's lovely to see roses and blooms so late! They are even more precious now than during the summer when everything was blooming. I have a lot of plants in bloom now, because we had unusually warm nice summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't wonderful to see such color in autumn! What beautiful photos of the countryside as well. It makes me want to go back for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosey, thanks for visiting, yep, cute and she knows how to work it.

    Tatyana, sadly I've just had to prune those last precious roses. We have entered the gale season and they were too top heavy to survive today's winds.

    Hallo Azplantlady, thanks for stopping by, I wish I was a better photographer to do justice to the countryside. I travelled up to Inverness this week and the Autumn colours in the deciduous woods along the great glen and Loch Ness were gorgeous. Sadly no pics, good or otherwise, as my camera is fritzed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the congratulations and stopping by my blog. I am glad I returned so I could see more of your blog this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not surprising that the plants have gone mad this year, when the weather has too. Well here anyway. We're still able to go out in T-shirts. Crazy for October.

    Came in to say thank you for the congrats. They're much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You garden looks lovely! We've cooled over a bit early for the Bay Area, but the heat may return. Wish I could give the cat a cuddle, I'm catless and look for any opportunity to bond with felines... Alice

    ReplyDelete