Sunday 20 September 2009

a peaceful potter round

The loch was in a girly mood yesterday. It started the day with stripes of pink in the sky, turning the water a soft coral grey and it ended with a serene patchwork of rose and turquoise.














Anything girly in the garden?

Not these juvenile starlings. They are putting on their studded biker plummage and acting like teens, hanging round the corner shop (aka birdtable) screeching, fighting and hassling other birds. I keep expecting to find cigarette ends littered around the table.


















Here's girly. Seven days of sun have brought on a burst of fuschias. They look like something Barbie would wear to Cinderella's ball.













A red September rose. It's even scented. Something seems to enjoy nibbling on the petals.
















5 comments:

  1. What a charming description of the loch...and the girly blooms.
    Enough to put a smile on my face, even as I'm trying to catch the scent of the rose through the computer monitor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alice, I wish it was still in a girly mood. Today it is hiding behind lashings of grumpy grey rain. I shall have to seek out sunnier California blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I do so appreciate it when you stop by my blog!
    Loved your comment. I wrote a brief reply. Not everyone liked the charred saplings.... don't cha know!!
    I'll keep coming back for my virtual 'hit' of Scotland (pretending it's rather warm despite the grumpy rain). Alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fuschia, and the analogy;-) Lovely garden. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Avis, thanks for dropping in, I've been looking at your lisianthus, such beautiful colours, and very girly too, sadly I think Scotland is just a bit too cold and wet for them, otherwise I would try them in pots at the front of the house.

    ReplyDelete