Friday 11 September 2009

A beautiful day

A grey morning but a promise of sun gleaming on the far side of the loch.










A heavy dew overnight left the quinata sparkling with miniature crystal balls on every tip.














The sun soon broke through and encouraged Smudge to behave like a floozy........again.










The garden was suddenly buzzing with insects. This is why I let the hawkweed stay, the bumbles and hoverflies love it.















I discovered this lovely lady by the wheelbarrow. She is beautiful and is catching midges so it looks as if the wheelbarrow is out of bounds for the moment.

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to the rain...yesterday was the first day in a week that was dry...of course I fertilized with nothing to water it in. Story of my life. Good luck with the new blog I'll be stopping by.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your photos very much. Being from Phoenix, Arizona where the sun shines brightly most of the time, I enjoy looking at the clouds when they visit. That is probably why I love visiting Scotland so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The spider web is especially a good shot. Your beautiful day is indeed lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Scott, good to see there are other members of the waterlogged club. I'll be keeping an eye on Florida from now on. Cheers Yan.

    azplantlady, thanks for your lovely comments. I’m snap happy when it comes to the loch and sky. The constant changes keep me mesmerised. I'm really pleased you like them too. Yan

    Hi Mary Delle, thanks for looking in, I'm not fond of spiders, but this one is so perfect I've let her be. Good to see you here. Yan

    ReplyDelete