Monday 17 August 2009

mercurial


I know I keep going on about it but the constantly shifting moods of the loch still surprise me. Here it is looking the deepest royal blue and, just three hours later, a peaceful rose tinged paradise. In another twenty-four hours the water looks almost brown with peaty run off from the hills and reflections of storm clouds above. But even the storms can be beautiful, when the light suddenly breaks through all the grey, highlighting the loch surface with splashes of simmering mercury.

4 comments:

  1. Very Poetical. Lovely views

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, lovely isn't it? The last pic was taken this morning and I was feeling far from poetical, just very grumpy and fed up with the rain clouds. Then the light broke through and suddenly things didn't seem so bad. The clouds drifted off, leaving a sunny afternoon and I saw a dragonfly in the garden (which I came back on to post). It's raining again at the moment but that seems more bearable now batteries have been recharged from this afternoon's sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been alovely afternoon here also. Still not raining but I guess it's coming if it's raining wth you

    ReplyDelete
  4. #4 is just so stunning !

    Immensely enjoying the read. :)

    ReplyDelete