Thursday 13 August 2009

For the cauldron?

I found this newt in Smudge's waterbowl back in the spring.







This toad turned up in a weed bucket at the weekend. There's a mummified frog in the coal bunker and, yes, "thrice the brinded cat hath mewed", in fact the brinded cat never stops mewing, though it is just Smudge complaining about the Coop's economy cat nosh. I think fate is dropping some heavy handed hints about my vocation in life. Just call me Granny Weatherwax.

Smudge has graduated from Wall Watch to Pot Watch. I guess the mouse has decamped from the hydrangeas but somehow I don't think the azaleas are going to offer any more security.

2 comments:

  1. I've at last found the comment box.It's not very clear that's what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    You're right, it's not that obvious is it? I think I'll change the format again. I dunno how to customise these things so may have to change to another template. I'll think on.
    Yan

    ReplyDelete