Saturday 22 August 2009

Confused Azalea.

This azalea was covered in crimson flowers in Spring, now here it is again putting out one or two flowers. Is it confused because we've had such a cold wet summer, it thinks it's been through an Argyll winter? Is this normal behaviour for azaleas? I'm worried it won't flower in the Spring if it has a half-hearted try now.








Lots of lovely sungold cherry tomatoes coming on now.








A dry day at last. I heard this grasshopper singing. When I looked, I saw he was seranading his missus. Saw five peacock butterflies fluttering around the garden but they wouldn't settle anywhere. A female sparrowhawk did a low pass by the bird table, giving the spugs conuptions, too quick for a pic unfortunately.




3 comments:

  1. No Picture of a confused Azalea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coo, that was quick have only just finished writing. Slip of the digit meant I pressed post before I was ready, so only title went up at first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Azalea will be OK. They often do that as do the Rhodies. Doesn't seem to affect next years display.

    ReplyDelete