Sunday 28 June 2009




Two things that made me smile yesterday, my sweet peas flowering and my first ever courgette flowers. I had no idea courgette flowers were so big. Don't people cook with them nowadays? The flowers I mean, I'm sure I've seen recipes for courgette flowers dipped in tempura batter. You'd need a whole dinner plate for one of those.
The sweet peas smell just as gorgeous as they look. They were grown from Thompson and Morgon seeds. Golly, I've just had a look at the packet. It says they're shorter than most climbers and ideal for sprawling through borders..whoops. I've got them trained up poles like any normal sweetpea. Perhaps I should have read the back of the packet before I planted them out. I just liked the picture and didn't read any further. Oh well that's what gormless gardening is all about and anyway they seem to be doing fine, climbing up the poles with enthusiasm. In fact I'm not sure the packet knows what it is talking about because it says the flowers resemble small pansies. Hmm, not like any pansies I've seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment